Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Customer Service, par excellence.



Never underestimate the power of customer service.

Due to the morphing and merging of SBC (remember them?!) with Yahoo (the dream of the 90s is alive and well) who were then subsumed by AT&T (big fish eat the little ones), which was wholly and completely dwarfed by the total domination of Google, I've been unable to access my blog platform since I arrived in Ireland earlier this year.

Of course, I no longer have an AT&T account, since it was cancelled when I left the US to move to Ireland, and the interweb in its ineluctable genius keeps nudging me towards .ie websites (and really horrid British sitcoms on Netflix, and also I can't download the free iTunes that Starbuck's offers weekly, dammit, and today it was Jose Gonzalez who I just LOVE!)

Luckily I still have records of my account information and, at least for today, an uncharacteristic store of patience. Approximately 57 minutes of that patience were spent with Janine in the Philippines. She was positively tickled to help me sort out my passwords, and I was frankly amazed that at the end of it I once again have access this silly little diary that I so love to ramble in.

So, big thanks to Janine. And welcome to Dublin. It is very good to be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment